More and more people are choosing green tea frappuccino, often during a summer visit, at Starbucks. In fact, it’s one of the reasons matcha has become so popular in the western world.
Have you ever wondered how to make those tasty and yummy Starbucks green tea latte frappuccinos? Well, I’ve got good news. It’s quite easy to prepare this, and there are no hard and fast rules. Feel free to experiment whenever you want to prepare this Starbucks green tea on your own.
Preparing your favourite Starbucks green tea or Starbucks green tea smoothie at home is one of the best ways to use matcha. This recipe only requires some simple ingredients for mixing and serving. It’s easy on your bank balance, meaning you’ll be able to drink your favourite green tea regularly and easily. On top due to the healthy benefits of matcha it is super healthy to consume as long as you keep the sugar levels to a minimum 😉
The best Starbucks green tea latte at home
This is one of those times when you realise it’s amazing to be able to easily make your favourite Starbucks green tea at home. So, by now I’m guessing you want to learn the recipe and how to prepare tasty and refreshing Starbucks green tea? Ok, here is a simple recipe to help you get things done in the best possible way.
Ingredients for a Starbucks green tea latte
Here are the ingredients you need to prepare your delicious Starbucks green tea at home:
What is xanthan gum?
- Blender or shaker
- Small bowl
- 1 cup fresh ice cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp matcha tea powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla syrup
- 2 tbsp custard sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch xanthan gum optional
- 30 g sweetened whipped cream optional
- Blend the milk, sugar and xanthan gum with a splash of room-temperature milk to dissolve.
- In a blender, place the ice cubes, the mixture, green tea powder, vanilla syrup. Pulse a few times to break up ice. Then blend for a few seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream. Sprinkle some extra green tea powder on top.